FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Barclaycard AAdvantage Aviator Silver and Red Cards (master thread)
Old Jan 6, 2018, 2:26 pm
scubadu

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by scubadu
So with apologies, I'm going to ask a question which is a slight riff on the does the "spend tracker" carry over from Red to Silver. I've read the Wiki and most (but certainly not all) posts in this thread.

I completely understand that if one has the Red card and later upgrades to Silver the spending does follow the upgrade and you don't have to "start over." Got it.

In my case, I'm considering putting some rather substantial, time sensitive expenses on these cards (in 2018), but given the rather bizarre vagaries of getting the "invite" for the Silver it's possible I'll need to make the spend before I would be eligible for the Silver invite.

So, I'm curious if anyone has experience putting literally the entire $50K of spend all on the Red card, then down the line being upgraded to the Silver. In that case will you just magically (and automatically) be given the incremental benefits that come from the Silver card (i.e. the additional EQMs, the additional EQDs and the companion certificate)?

I know this has been sort of asked, but I haven't seen anyone speak to this specific scenario. Personally, I care little about AA RDMs, only the EQD/EQMs, so I'm hesitant to divert this amount of spend to this card without clarity of those items being granted. Particularly interested in first hand experiences, if there are any, as opposed to theoretical deductions or pointers to the T&Cs (I'm familiar with them)

Regards
Thought I'd try to bump once. No one on FT has tried this? (that would kind of suprise me)

Regards