FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [FARE GONE] DL: SFO-ATL/JFK-NRT-SIN $1,232.30 ai RT (25,318 mi; 4.9 cpm)
Old Jan 6, 2018, 2:12 pm
laptoptravel

Programs: DL DM, UA, AA EXP, AS MVP75K GOLD, HHonors Diamond, BW Diamond, SPG Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by Csfing1
Happy New Year to all the readers and MRers. Will you still be doing MR this year trying for you DM? I will still be doing them but not going for $250,000 in AX charges. Will plan to do it with MQD and will have to consider doing MR on MU or some other partner airline that will work. Someone who should be able to help you plan an itinerary like that is John at laptop travel. There is a fee for using his service but it will enable you to try some other cities to visit.... Got my ticket with FlexPerk points before 2018 so it only cost 40,000 points/ticket.
Thank you Csfing1

I also cashed out a few FlexPerks before the devaluation and those points play an important role in my re-qualification for Diamond Medallion status for 2019. I have already booked my own flights that will take care of that. I try to start early each year so I can take advantage of any 'sweet opportunities' that present themselves later in the year!

Going forward we have to remember that Delta's MQM rollover benefit is a moot benefit for Diamond Medallions; it still has value for Silver, Gold and Platinums as the $25,000 AmEx/Delta CC MQD waiver is still in effect for those three elite levels. With the new perspective on rollover MQM's, I think Delta has hurt themselves. They are going to kill off a lot of end of the year recreational flying. Like many of you, I did this often and just added up extra MQM's to rollover into the next year. However, with the MQD requirements, now that makes no sense for Diamonds. So our travels should be much more focused on need and specific vacations and no longer flying just for the sake of enjoyment. That is sad...kind of goes hand in hand with the timing of the retirement of our beloved Queen of the Skies.

We also need to realize that Mileage Runs for the top elites (Diamonds for Delta) need to be thought of as MQD Mileage Runs since these are the things we need to chase going forward. However, that should mean (if people are following my strategies) less flying, and flying in Business or First Class. So, personally, qualifying (or re-qualifying) can be accomplished in comfort and not in the 'back of the bus' on long-haul flights.

I still see some great opportunities for SIN, but being creative in that pursuit. In addition, as Csfing1 mentioned, there are many exciting other itineraries and destinations which have (and will continue) to open themselves to us.

Happy New Year to everyone in the DL: SFO-ATL/JFK-NRT-SIN $1,232.30 ai RT (25,318 mi; 4.9 cpm) thread!

Last edited by laptoptravel; Jan 6, 2018 at 2:15 pm Reason: grammar