FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - QR Interlining (Baggage)
View Single Post
Old Jan 6, 2018, 8:15 am
doctoravios

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by neofung
I tried HKG DOH BRU LHR FRA recently, HKG to BRU on QR PNR and BRU to FRA on BA PNR. It was ok for the hkg ground staff to check through my luggage after a few phone call. I reconfirmed with the gate agent at DOH BRU and LHR if my bag was loaded with an affirmative answer. Yet, upon arrival FRA my bag didn’t appear. I was told my bad was left in Doha. The bag appeared after 3 days in my hotel.
That's what I don't understand because I was also told on both occasions my bags didn't arrive in Heathrow because that they got stuck in Doha and so would not have even made it to Oslo or Helsinki (where I had been connecting to BA flights from QR). I am not sure if this is because the bags were sitting in Oslo/Helsinki and hadn't been tracked at that point or if they were genuinely still in Doha and placed on a direct Doha-London flight. I hadn't checked that they had arrived and been transferred at Oslo/Helsinki so I am not sure what they would have said to me if I'd asked them. But it seems from your experience that even if you check on the system and it shows they are loaded, it isn't a guarantee that they will arrive. Perhaps this also depends on the airport and some are better at connecting baggage between different carriers than others.