FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA Executive Platinum Check-In @ LAX
View Single Post
Old Jan 6, 2018, 7:35 am
dkc192

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Djokison
Was there not a first or business class lane you could use, or did this single priority lane also include F/J? (I'm not familiar with LAX, hence my question.)
It's been a few months since I last flew out of LAX, but my recollection is that it is now one single priority lane for all F/J/elites--long-haul international F/EXP/Emerald and transcon F can use Flagship Check-In, but EXPs flying domestic are relegated to the same line as GLDs, etc. Some number of years ago, there used to be separate lines at LAX for international F/EXP/Emerald, J/domestic F/PLT/Sapphire, and GLD/Ruby.

I've also noticed the consolidation of priority lines at other airports. ORD used to have an international F/EXP line, and JFK used to have the same three-line set up above, among others. I agree that this is a somewhat substantial devaluation of EXP, made worse by the overall reduction in priority check-in staffing (based on anecdotal observations at LAX, ORD, and JFK, for example). The priority queue at JFK on the evening of 1/2 (a busy time with TATL and deep SA departures, in addition to all the domestic transcons) had only three agents working it, with about 10 parties in line.