FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated Global Services Thread: Benefits, Questions [2018]
Old Jan 6, 2018, 6:50 am
DoxieFlyer

Million Miler Benefit Does Not Extend to Global Services Status?

My partner just got notice that he’s now a Global Services member on United. I’ve received his Premier status as a companion benefit for years as he is also a Million Miler. However, this year, while he was made a Global Services member, I did not receive the same benefit — I’m still at 1K.

When I called United they said that Global Services is not part of the Premier Status on its Mileage Plus program, so I’m not eligible for a match through the Million Miler Companion benefit.

Looking at the United page on the Million Miler Program is very clearly says that “a companion’s Premier status will be the same” as the Million Miler. It also lists Global Services as a Premier benefit once you've flown 4 million miles with them.

So who’s right? Is Global Services membership considered a “Premier status”? And if so, then am I not entitled to have it matched through the Million Miler Companion benefit?