FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - QR Interlining (Baggage)
View Single Post
Old Jan 6, 2018, 12:57 am
zat_dude

Programs: OWS, *A G
Originally Posted by redkitty

thanks zat_dude. Yea this is what I was concerned about. I know that there is specific clear examples previously from 2016-2017 about Qatar having confirmed they will interline. But now with their responses I am not sure if they have changed their stance.

I managed to talk to the guy in charge of QR ops (at the ground handling agent) and he profoundly apologised and confirmed SOF luggage handling is completely manual and the baggage handlers are not used to transfer pax - they simply failed to check the baggage tag. He suggested next time we alert someone official within the luggage hall and they would take care of the onforwarding.

This guy named Boris was very helpful. He said he could take the bags back (they were checking in for the SOF-DOH departure) but since they had QR tags he said he would genuinely be afraid the baggage handlers might load it on the QR plane At this point we agreed best course of action is to wait for the BA check in desks to open and re-tag the bags

With 3 hours between the flights this was not an issue but in the future I will probably avoid ex-SOF itineraries.

Last edited by zat_dude; Jan 6, 2018 at 12:58 am Reason: typo