FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - QR Interlining (Baggage)
View Single Post
Old Jan 5, 2018, 10:45 pm
R2

Originally Posted by doctoravios
That's interesting. This is despite the baggage tags saying DOH-SOF-LHR with the BA flight number on the LHR leg? On the two occasions I have tried to interline baggage (once BKK-DOH-OSL-LHR and another time HKT-DOH-HEL-LHR) it has failed to arrive despite the baggage being correctly tagged. However, on both occasions the bags got stuck at Doha rather than completing the Qatar sectors (or at least that's what I was told at LHR) and were delivered to me after less than 24 hours. I now only attempt interlining if there is nothing crucial in the baggage, and sometimes deliberately if they are heavy bags in the hope that they get delivered to my door instead for free rather than carrying them on the tube (albeit a little delayed!)
I often travel on separate tickets, separate PNRs. If I successfully get my baggage tagged through to my final destination I always go to the transfer desk to show the baggage tag and ask them to confirm that my baggage is ok in the system and will travelling with me on the same flight. I often repeat this at the gate. IME this greatly reduces the risk of baggage being left behind.