FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - QR Interlining (Baggage)
View Single Post
Old Jan 5, 2018, 9:20 pm
Professional Bum

Originally Posted by Professional Bum
My flight in May will be MNL-DOH-MAD on QR and then MAD-SVQ on IB (operated by Iberia Express). These two are on separate PNRs. I also have a 3 hour connection time in MAD. I tried to ask both QR and IB if I could through check my luggage to SVQ.

QR: As we have noted that you are holding reservations on 2 separate tickets, we strongly recommend that you liaise with the Qatar Airways local office at the point of embarkation way in advance. Our colleagues at the local airport office will be in a better position to advise you if your baggage can be through checked to your final destination.

IB: When dealing with different reservations, it will be necessary to pick up your suitcase in Madrid and re-pass control to board your flight to Seville.

Originally Posted by redkitty

thanks Professional Bum. The official response I got from Qatar was your luggage will be dropped off to the final destination in your ticket which is ARN.
I called the local office of Qatar Airways 5 minutes ago and I was told that they will not through check my luggage.