FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - QR Interlining (Baggage)
View Single Post
Old Jan 5, 2018, 6:44 pm
redkitty

Programs: HH S*G SPG FPC
Originally Posted by doctoravios
That's interesting. This is despite the baggage tags saying DOH-SOF-LHR with the BA flight number on the LHR leg? On the two occasions I have tried to interline baggage (once BKK-DOH-OSL-LHR and another time HKT-DOH-HEL-LHR) it has failed to arrive despite the baggage being correctly tagged. However, on both occasions the bags got stuck at Doha rather than completing the Qatar sectors (or at least that's what I was told at LHR) and were delivered to me after less than 24 hours. I now only attempt interlining if there is nothing crucial in the baggage, and sometimes deliberately if they are heavy bags in the hope that they get delivered to my door instead for free rather than carrying them on the tube (albeit a little delayed!)
thanks doctoravios I agree if it was tagged but didn’t arrive, it will probably eventually arrive and as you said delivered late to your door. My concern is more if QR have officially changed their policy about interlining but done so quietly and their staff don’t allow it to be tagged to LHR. Which means I need to plan to have enough time to do the whole in and out again thing at ARN.