FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Missed flight in DFW due to Skylink skipping D terminal
Old Jan 5, 2018, 3:18 pm
BrianV

Programs: AA EXP - 2.2 MM, Admirals Club, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Avis Presidents, National Exec
Agreed, I almost always walk, using the C4/A39 connectors frequently. Typically when traveling, my diet takes a hit, so well justified, plus it's almost as fast, often much faster if you're near those connectors. My wife is less of a long distance walker despite being more fit than I am. That said, C37 to B48 with about a ten minute window required us to take Skylink. Of the maybe 50 times I was in DFW last year, I believe I probably only took Skylink maybe one other time, also on a high-B to high-C connection and/or a high-B to low-A.

At least there are bi-directional trams, I got stuck on TrAAin once, then it broke, and the whole thing was shut down, fortunately, back then there was no D and I seldom take regionals so mostly dealing with just A or C.

In 2015 or 2016, I did have the tram make an emergency stop from full speed on the B to A connector bridge. Immediately, full fledged stop. Everyone that was standing hit the deck, bags went flying forward. I've also had trams doors not open, but in the 12'ish years I've used SkyLink, it's been reliable enough, but for the last three years, I really prioritize walking.