FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - To The Paradise With Malindo Air
View Single Post
Old Jan 5, 2018, 2:34 am
airways91

At the main jetty, the same tour van was waiting us for the return journey back to Cenang. We said goodbye and thanks to our guide before leaving the Kilim Karst Geoforest Park. I slept for most of the time during the journey as I was really fatigue from the Mangrove tour. We reached Cenang when I woke up and the van driver dropped us at Meritus Pelangi Resort's parking area. We agreed and decided to have our dinner together at Seashells Restaurant which located opposite of Case Del Mar and Meritus Pelangi Resorts later.

As it was still quite early to have the dinner, my elder brother and his family decided to go to Kuah town first for some shopping while my parents and I spent the remaining time in Cenang.

Cenang is a more lively and happening area with full of tourists compared to Kuah. On both sides of its road, there are many shops selling merchandises, souvenirs, handicrafts, clothing, books, fruits and grocery goods in addition to the endless options of restaurants and food stalls.

Fresh seafoods.

There are also a quite few number of spas, massage and reflexology centers along the streets in Cenang.

Some stalls are offering the various kinds of tour packages available in the island and ferry tickets to Southern Thailand. The Island Hopping & Sunset Cruise Tours seem so enticing!

My parents and I stopped at 1 small cafe known as "D' Lima Cafe" to get some rest and drink. While both of my parents still resting inside the cafe, I decided to check out the Cenang Beach.

Getting to Cenang Beach is a painless as there are many small streets that located in between the shops and restaurants which will lead you to the beach.

Cenang Beach or "Pantai Cenang" is no doubt the most popular and happening beach in Langkawi with many visitors came here for sunbathing, swimming in the sea or playing the varieties of water sport activities available there.

Among the water sports activities that you can try in Cenang Beach are jetskis, parasailing, banana boats and wakeboards.

Cenang Beach also gained its popularity due to the high numbers of cafes, bars, lounges and many types of accommodations from 5-star resorts to the budget hotels, homestay and AirBnB available very close to the beach.

Kalut Beach Bar & Cafe, 1 of the latest chill out places in Cenang Beach.

The bar was just about to open when I was there.

Due to its close proximity to Langkawi International Airport (LGK), Cenang Beach also could be a perfect location to spot aircrafts taking off and landing.

AirAsia plane was about to land in LGK.

From the beach, I went back to the small cafe to meet with my parents and we walked towards Laman Padi, where the Seashells Restaurant is located.

While waiting for my elder brother and his family to arrive, we did some sightseeing in Laman Padi. Laman Padi which can be roughly translated as Paddy Garden or Paddy Field, is a large eco-tourism complex that exhibits the process and evolution of rice cultivation and harvesting.

The most prominent structure in Laman Padi is this Paddy Gallery which sometimes referred as the "Rice Museum". This air-conditioned museum showcases the history, information and many interesting facts about paddy plant and how it is manufactured to become rice, the staple food for Langkawian and most people in South-East Asian region. The admission to Laman Padi and this gallery is completely free!

Different types of rice from Malaysia and many other countries are displayed in the Paddy Gallery.

The museum gallery also tells about the evolution of rice harvesting process which has changed from a traditional method to the more modern and efficient technique with the help of advanced technology.

The Langkawian people have involved in the agriculture-related works such as farming and harvesting since long time ago. Agriculture industry is 1 of the most important sources of economy for them.

Besides the Paddy Gallery, other attractions that can found in Laman Padi are the herbs Garden, heritage gallery, a floating rice garden and replicas of Malay traditional house.

There is also a spa called "Anggun Spa" located within the Laman Padi compound. Having a nice massage in the middle of paddy field sounds very calming & relaxing.

But the best part for Laman Padi is this neatly planted green paddy field area that offers the senses of freshness and picturesque view.

During certain slots in a day, there will be a specialized guided tour where visitors will able to learn the actual way of planting paddy. It is really a good experience especially for those people who never seen or enter a paddy field before.

It is also a perfect spot to take some photos. And as you can see, this is how scarecrows in Malaysia lookalike. The local people dressed up the scarecrows in a traditional attire of "Baju Kurung" and "Kain Batik" to resemble the villagers.

A closer look to the paddy plants.

At 6:30pm, my elder brother and his family arrived in Laman Padi and we went to the Seashells Restaurant to have our dinner.

A big Eagle sculpture in the restaurant.

Located at the right entrance of Laman Padi, Seashells Restaurant is 1 of the top eating places in Langkawi that provides a traditional "kampung" (village) ambience and sumptuous cuisines. It has several huts surrounded by lush green paddy field that allow customers to sit on the floor while eating. Many people came to this restaurant to experience this unique-style of dining experience.But if you are not comfortable in sitting on the floor while eating, you can always opt for the normal table that come with chairs which located at the main area of the restaurant.

We were sitting in 1 of these wooden huts and ordered our meals in no time.

All meals here come in a set for 2,3,4 or 5 pax where customers can choose the style of cooking such as Deep-Fried, Curry or Rendang. We ordered the Lamb Shank and Chicken sets for 2 and 3 pax portions respectively.

The foods were so amazing and the atmosphere of the paddy field in the evening light was so magical!

We got really full and felt a bit sleepy after the dinner, so it was time for us to leave the restaurant and return back to our hotel. We waved goodbye to my elder brother and his family as they will be leaving Langkawi in tomorrow morning. We reached our hotel in Kuah town 20 minutes later and we called it a day.

Last edited by airways91; Feb 7, 2018 at 11:48 pm