FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Vanilla VGC liquidation options
View Single Post
Old Jan 4, 2018, 1:11 pm
craz
Suspended

Originally Posted by alvinyxz92
Can you elaborate on the benefit of buying $499 and getting some left overs? Does that make MS safer?
the chain I use really isnt suppose to take GCs and some stores have a posted note to that affect. So say your mkt charges $.79 per Mo asking for an MO for $499.21 wipes out the MO but might run up a flag to the csr when its a $1 fee I ask for $499 at times $498. whatever amount is left on the card I use up when buying anything anywhere that allows you to use more then 1 way to pay the bill or $497.89 + the fee leaves just over $1 left on the card. Just make sure you remember which card has what amount as I found once it gets to almost nothing left on the card you cant get the bal from calling up, so before going in I mark each card with a sign so I know the amount Im leaving on it

I also wont cashout any DCs I buy from that chain at that chain, unless its far from where I buy the DCs at. (not talking about Vanillas, as they dont sell them)

I may be overly careful but with more and more places being KOed to getting MOs I dont want to burn what places I still have working and I feel always going in and getting the exact same amount is a great way to get them to remember me, the last thing I want to happen

the main thing is 1st find a place where you can use the cards then try a few different stores out all over of that chain till you find what works best for you. what works for me might not work for you and vice versa. Just try not to get the MOs from the actual stores you shop at , let us know how you make out