FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BED BUGS!!!
Thread: BED BUGS!!!
View Single Post
Old Jan 4, 2018, 9:28 am
MPH1980

Originally Posted by Lolbert
I had a similar issue with a BA flight to from LHR to JFK a few months ago with bites on my neck and back. I spoke to BA after the flight and they said that engineers checked area around my seat and that they found no evidence of bed bugs. I had no choice but to believe them.
It is worth noting that the incubation time for bite reactions can be up to weeks.

https://www.aad.org/public/diseases/...dbugs#symptoms

It's a bit like food poisoning - it's easy to believe it's the last meal that got you - but it's really not always the case.

In my case when it happened to me, I only traced it to the Argentinian hotel I stayed in once I thought about the clothing and such I'd slept in and where the bites had occurred because in the time after that I had 2 other hotel stays after that one. Once I understood the timings and thought about the sleepwear - it all made sense and fitted with my bite locations.

Not saying it wasn't the plane - and certainly in our OP's case (since they could see the bugs) it was - but the emergence of a bite doesn't mean the bugs were right there and then.