FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Cars at YYZ
Thread: Cars at YYZ
View Single Post
Old Jan 4, 2018, 3:10 am
manohman

Programs: National EE, Enterprise Platinum, Hertz President's Circle, NEXUS
Originally Posted by turbov6
I haven't seen any Tesla's at YYZ. Hertz has them at some locations in the USA. For Toronto you may want to consider looking into availability on Turo.

On Dec 26th YYZ T1 early in the morning there were only two vehicles in the isle. A Maxima that someone was taking and a small SUV. There were sold out for the holidays.

National YYZ had some Volvo S60's maybe 2-3 years ago but I haven't seen any in the past year. Just those V60 Wagon's more recently.

I have been eyeing those brand new S90 T6 and XC90 T6 Volvo's over at Hertz T1 and T3 at YYZ and hope to be able to upgrade into one at some point. Does anyone know how Hertz YYZ treats President's Circle members or what vehicles they typically assign as there doesn't appear to be any Ultimate Choice area setup at YYZ just a Gold Choice area. 99% of my rentals have been with National with the odd exception for a Camaro SS or Corvette rental over at Hertz. Hertz customer service is still a bit of a disaster. Meanwhile I've found National customer service to be excellent overall.
As a president circle member, you'll be paying $25 p/d (regular $35 p/d) for an upgrade to the S90 T6 or XC90 T6. It's not free apparently unless you can convince them to waive the fee. I'd like an answer to the latter of your question.