FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Better range in the house: wifi repeater, ethernet/powerline, or ethernet /coax?
Old Jan 4, 2018, 12:43 am
COSPILOT

Programs: UA Gold (.85 MM), HH Diamond, SPG Platinum (LT Gold), Hertz PC, National EE
Originally Posted by cblaisd
The wifi for my computer in my basement man cave is sometimes spotty/slow/high latency.

Which of these three options would you recommend?

a) "Traditional" wifi repeater
b) Ethernet over powerline (I know that the circuit in the man cave is not the same circuit as the router)
c) Ethernet over coax -- the house is wired for cable (currently not in use), but I'm sure that the cable outlets for each location go through some sort of junction box.

What would you recommend? Price IS an object, but so is better and more consistent speed/latency.
I'm not a network genius by any stretch, but I seem to do a pretty good job of setting up my home, as well as others that I know. I switched routers last year and now get coverage in every corner of my home. To me that is impressive, as we not only have a ton of wireless devices, but I'm also into Home Automation stuff as well. At any given time I have 30 devices connected to my network. Shoot me a PM, as we are overdue for a beer.