FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - USA International Airline Program (IAP) relaunched as discount benefit (2017).
Old Jan 3, 2018, 10:51 pm
Gig103

Programs: Avis President's Club, Global Entry, Hilton/Marriott Gold. No more DL/AA status.
Originally Posted by Gasolin
Hi,

I just got the personal platinum card so pardon my ignorance... but it seems that basically, you have to call to know the price they would give? There is no online search engine or anything? So how does anyone know if a ticket is "better" or not? Do you guys all search a route before yourself, and then call to compare the price?
Yes, I choose to check routes ahead of time. In part so I can see how good the price is, but also because if there is a specific route I have in mind I can feed it to the agent for pricing.

By the way, as a data point for the thread, back in November I flew to Berlin on DL/KL in business. The IAP came in at ~$4300/person. I ended up with a Delta Vacations package for $3250/person including a Westin hotel. So remember that IAP is a good benefit but might not always be the best for your routing. (Also, AAvacations exists for Oneworld).