FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Babies in First Lounges
View Single Post
Old Jan 3, 2018, 9:13 pm
orbitmic
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by nick.t.davies
You can always turf someone out if anything goes badly wrong.
Can you?? I don’t mind babies in lounge. As LTNPhobia, there are many categories more likely to be annoying to others, and unlike babies they can know better. That said, I don’t think those who are talking against babies in lounges are not assuming babies will be ill behaved, just that their behaviour is not something controllable or negotiable unlike adults or even children. When a baby cries you can try to help but if the poor kid is ill for instance it would be unreasonable to expect them to stop.

so while I am fine with babies in lounges, I think that this has to come with the knowledge that they might end up crying and I for one would be very shocked if a parent was asked to leave the lounge where they have been admitted because their baby was crying especially if they are trying what they can to calm him/her down. I’d find such a reaction crass and unfair.

on the other hand, as LTNPhobia says, I’d love for such rules to be in place and enacted for people who unlike babies should know their behaviour can disrupt the comfort and peace of others.