FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Andaz Mayakoba Resort Riveria Maya REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Jan 3, 2018, 6:14 pm
Kacee
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Just completed a brief, last minute stay. Booked on points, TSU to Lagoon View Suite. Best hotel redemption ever (Andaz King was going for $800 per night). The physical product is fantastic. Rooms are beautifully designed, furnishings are gorgeous (no pressboard furniture here), unusually high quality construction for Mexico.

I thought the staff was fantastic - warm, genuine, and helpful. There were a few minor service glitches, but these were always resolved quickly with a smile. Note though that for anyone who goes in with the attitude of "I'm paying $800 a night and demand perfect service," disappointment will likely result (as it obviously did for the American women who had a screaming meltdown at the front desk over a nonfunctional key card).

Breakfast was excellent, but I was unimpressed otherwise by the food.

Plunge pool was great, heated to the high 90s, with a single very strong jet.

I will definitely return. Wouldn't hesitate to pay $400+ per night, and would also consider paying to upgrade to one of the various beachfront suites.