FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citi AA cards: All (Platinum, Gold, Executive; Business) 2018
Old Jan 3, 2018, 2:49 pm
gnomey

Originally Posted by ohyonghao
I've failed that test multiple times and it has been a bit frustrating with them over this "feature".

At the beginning of the year I had switched phones, but did not port numbers. New phones for both my wife and I. Ever since we have had trouble with their phone verification. What happens is they have access to a database that says that this number is connected to you. My Ting phone, and Callcentric phones apparently are not connected to me through their database. They cannot use those to verify me. I don't have any other phones, and a couple times it has been a sticking point for trying to get verified to talk to a representative.

Other methods they might try is calling another CC and verifying you that way. This doesn't always come up as an option, and doesn't always work either as I had gotten my account so stuck nothing worked until they mailed me a code and had me call back in with the PIN.

Hopefully some of that clears up the seemingly insecure ask for a phone number and call you back verification feature.

Thanks for the explanation

I am starting to really think Citi is launching some fraud prevention campaign. After a phone call re: Citi AA, now, out of the blue, I got a snail mail request to call in regarding my other Citi card (TYP card) abt a possible fraud attempt. When I called them, they inquire me abt some big purchase I made back in November and wanted to double check that it was me making it and not some unauthorized person. This is some 6 weeks ago and they didnt raise a fuss back then!

Insane. Whatever their false detection mechanism is in their IT system, it is certainly detecting a lot of false positives - and in such a delayed manner