FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - More award availability restricted by married segments / connections
Old Jan 3, 2018, 1:37 pm
craz
Suspended

Originally Posted by zachary
The trick is to find XXX-JFK-LAX availability, book it, and then call in to drop the initial segment, right? But it could take a lot of time to find an XXX that works (if there even is one).
i never even thought of it from that side, but thats maybe why they wouldnt allow LAX-LAS to be dropped, since it was a change in Destination not that that should matter. Could be it wont allow it either if the Origin changes. My gut says it wont allow any dumping that changes the O or D of a tkt.

A bunch of csrs I spoke with admitted it was dumb to allow it if going to LAS,SFO or SAN but not if I wasnt connecting onward. Thats after they gave me the speech how not every flight is available for Saver, then when I asked them to book instead a JFK-LAX-LAS and bingo they saw the non-stops I was hoping to book but only to LA. Their attitude changed once they saw it for themselves and werent happy about it either and were speechless