FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - USA International Airline Program (IAP) relaunched as discount benefit (2017).
Old Jan 3, 2018, 10:29 am
troyb

Programs: AA EXP/LT Plat, SPG Plat/LT Plat, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Plat, IHG Plat, MR Silver
Hi,

I know that AMEX waives the $39 booking fee for Centurion card members. I'm curious if anyone with both a Centurion and Platinum card (in their name, of course), has been able to have CTS book a flight under the IAP, but charge a Platinum card?

The goal, in my example, is to accrue the 5x points for charging to a personal Platinum but save the $39 fee. It's $39, so not the end of the world (but given the low value of the ticket I'm looking at, negates much of the IAP discount), I'm more curious and wanted to check if others have been able to do so before I call AMEX. In the past, I've had a few AMEX agents hassle me about charging a non-Platinum/Centurion card for an FHR reservation (despite the T&C's specifically noting that the AMEX just needs to be in the Platinum/Centurion cardholders name).

Thanks,
Troy