FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How To Retrieve Lost Item at IST Turkish Airlines Domestic Terminal After Leaving Tur
Old Jan 3, 2018, 3:31 am
nola1

How To Retrieve Lost Item at IST Turkish Airlines Domestic Terminal After Leaving Tur

How To Retrieve A Lost Item (cell phone, small camera) at IST Turkish Airlines Domestic Terminal After Leaving Turkey?

I dropped a small item on an International TK flight. It was located. However, now I cannot figure how to get it sent back to the US.
Apparently all such items found on a plane at IST are sent to the Domestic Terminal Lost and Found Office and not held at the International Terminal for even a brief time.

TK or the Lost and Found folks will not assist in any way in having it sent back to me in the US. L & F provides a list of 3 shipping companies via email. However, none of them, UPS, TNT, nor DHL will pick up the item from the Domestic Terminal. Nor do they provide any contact information for a courier service to assist in this. Shipping costs quoted to me, once these companies receive a less than 1 pound small item, would be over $100.00 and take 2-7 business days, back to the US.I I
I do not have anyone to assist me in this in Istanbul, so any advice / assistance would be appreciated.

I think I need a courier to get the item and hopefully find someone who gets a good discount with a shipping company so the item can be sent back to the US. Getting back a small camera, cell phone, etc., should not be this much trouble, but oh well….
Thanks in advance

NOLA1

other details:Folks at the CIP Lounge told me not to go back to the gate as no one could help me there at this point, about 30 minutes after the flight landed. They made some calls and the item was retrieved and sent to the Domestic Terminal Lost and Found Office, about 1 hour after the flight landed. However my connecting would take off in less than 1 hour and I did not have enough time to:-get a Turkish visa stamp
- go through passport control
- get to the Domestic Terminal (from International)
- get the item - and go back through all the security and passport controls before the next flight