FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What am I doing wrong? (Booking AA J r/t issues from Middle East)
Old Jan 3, 2018, 2:39 am
CloudCoder

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by cctible
I am having trouble booking a flight and was hoping for suggestions. I am looking for a RT from the Middle East to the US. The leg to London is always on BA, but then you usually have the option of selecting an itinerary that uses a BA or AA flight on to the US. I prefer AA for the long leg because of the better seat configuration in J. I just did this last week....booked through aa.com, had a BA flight to London then AA flight to the US, and the same in reverse. But when I look for summer 2018 flights on AA, it only gives me (for J) the option of taking BA all the way.
First suggestion: try again. I have found many times when, in the middle of the night, all of the AA longhaul flights disappear. A few hours later, just as suddenly, they're baaaack.

Suggestion #2 : Book it as a multi-city trip, which allows you to select each segment separately.

Suggestion #3 : Book it any way you can, but put it on Hold. Then call AA and ask them to change the rez to the segment you actually want.