FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Renters who don't fill up on gas quite all the way to F...
Old Jan 2, 2018, 9:43 pm
BugsyPal

Originally Posted by TWAflyer
National has just listed a new master rental agreement on their website. National has decided to squeeze more money from renters and not care about "customer service". This is what it says about filling up the gas tank:
(6) The fuel charge at the rate shown...
...Renter shall not receive a refund or credit if Vehicle is returned with more fuel than when Renter received it. If Renter purchases the Fuel Service Option, then Renter’s fuel charge shall be the per gallon (or per litre) charge multiplied by the fuel tank capacity of Vehicle rented.

As with your other post do not think this is anything new.

Going back several years a counter rep tried to tell me National wouldn't credit me back for the "extra" gas (tank was 3/4's when taken out, brought it back full. One telephone call to manager and all was solved.

In fact ever since have not even needed to bring the matter up; upon return if agent notices vehicle has more gas in it than when it left, I receive a credit.

Now this might just be for places where I rent frequently enough that they know the look of me, or what; but there you are.

Also seem to recall years ago a sign posted at National counters in NYC pretty much outlying the above. This may tie into my comments in another thread about not returning a vehicle with "free gas". If National isn't going to credit/refund my money for giving them more gas than when I left, then why should I or anyone bother filling the vehicle beyond what is required?