FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Park Hyatt Chicago REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Jan 2, 2018, 5:06 pm
ZBigFam

My stay over nye

My stay at the PH Chicago..

After staying at the PH Dubai I had some high expectations which were quickly dashed...it's quite obvious that luxury brands in the US don't compare to international locations.

Stayed for two nights from 12/30-1/1. Booked two rooms and was able to upgrade one via TSU to a park suite. The rooms themselves are quite nice and very spacious. Breakfast was also very good, booked one room on points and the other using free night certs and was able to avail of free breakfast for 2 adults and 4 kids.

Here are the things that took away from an otherwise very good stay:

1. No towels. My kids went swimming on 12/31 and they had no towels on the pool deck. Repeated calls to the front desk and asking the spa staff didn't help. There were no towels in the whole hotel apparently.
2. Jacuzzi was broken on 12/31 and temp was too cold. This was eventually fixed.
3. About half of the TV stations didn't work. The kids love watching stations we don't get at home... unfortunately half of the kids programming wasn't available due to the dreaded "weak signal".
4. TV in main bedroom was broken. Called to get it fixed and waiting 20+ rings with no one answering.
5. Tried to call ahead for the valet to get my car so that it would be waiting for me. Again no answer after 20+ rings.
6. Was looking forward to using the house car given the brutal cold and was told that it wouldn't be available for use till after the new year.
7. The valet drove my car to the front of the hotel with.a flat down to the rims. This was damaging to the car. Then they wouldn't help me change the tire for over half and hour. They only helped me when I said I would have to do it in the front of the hotel...then they relented and said they would help me in their garage.

So...in summary, it's a nice hotel with nice amenities but the service doesn't carry through and you ate quickly left feeling like you are staying at a very nice Hyatt place instead of a Park Hyatt.

Just my opinion...