FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2019 strategy - GM w/ Delta AmEx Platinium vs no status w/AmEx Platinum?
Old Jan 2, 2018, 1:07 pm
MSPeconomist
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by BlueStreak17
This. Get the Delta Amex Reserve. It gives you many of the benefits of AMEX Plat, is a little cheaper and if you can hit 60K and spend then you'll get 30K MQM, which should get you to Gold. No status would be difficult as you lose access to premium seating.
I generally like the Reserve card, but where I see a big difference versus the regular AmEx Plat charge card is customer service. Most calls from Reserve cardholders are now sent to overseas call centers and I've been having horrible experiences with them. For instance, they claim (including "supervisors") to be unable to see the difference between a pending charge and an actual charge that has posted.

OP and others here should remember that there's still a FO level with half the MQD requirement as GM. FOs get some benefits, such as special lines at some airports and rollover.