FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2019 strategy - GM w/ Delta AmEx Platinium vs no status w/AmEx Platinum?
Old Jan 2, 2018, 12:45 pm
jdrtravel

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
I personally have both the Delta Platinum and the Amex Platinum. I spend to $50K on the DL card then switch to the Amex for the rest of the year. I am less and less satisfied with this option, especially as I seem to flying much less than I used to. I appreciate having GM status, but with FCM, I have been thinking about dropping the DL card and just paying for C+ or, on longer flights, F (but generally can't afford to pay for J).

As Sky Miles continue to be devalued, I am wishing I had more flexibility with redemption. I have 400K miles sitting there which I intend to use for 2 J tickets when I can find the right pricing. But I do think that I might just be happier with MR points that I can spend across many airlines, especially now that I am only flying 5 or 6 flights a year now (however, 2 of them international, so lounge access is an issue, and Priority Pass lounges are not great).

Thoughts?