FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - FAQ : Why can't I check in online? OLCI and boarding pass difficulties
Old Jan 2, 2018, 9:30 am
woglet86

Programs: BA GGL
A note of caution for anybody relying on getting a BP printed at the airport as I was this morning.

At the start of a B2B I had an agent at the First Wing tell me that she wasn't allowed to print the boarding pass for my return leg (MUC-LHR) because it was on a separate PNR to my outbound. She told me that every agent who had done it previously must have been breaking the rules.

Turns out she was getting confused with the ban on through-checking (I didn't have a bag), and my request for a supervisor got it dealt with quickly, but frustrating and potentially problematic for anybody taking the agent's word for it. First time I've encountered this, but I guess the point is be prepared to ask for a second opinion at the desk.

I thought her final remark "ok we can print it, but only because you don't have a bag to check" conveyed a worrying grasp of how the whole thing works, especially for a premium check in area.