FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ARCHIVE: 2018 HELP DESK: Will I Have Lounge Access? Which, Access, Rules
Old Jan 2, 2018, 4:54 am
JJeffrey
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by Edgerfly
If I’m traveling internationally, in first class, and have sapphire status, why am I not allowed into the lounge? It was my impression so long as you flew internationally you were allowed lounge access. Even when not flying with them. Also AA and EY are partners. There’s no reciprocity at their lounges at all?
If you have sapphire status in another oneworld program other than AA, then you can use the Admirals Clubs or Flagship Lounges (and other oneworld business lounges) whenever you fly AA, including before your JFK-SEA flight.

But if you have sapphire status through AA, i.e. you're an AA PLT, then no lounge access unless you have a qualifying international flight on a oneworld carrier. EY is not oneworld, so no access for the reasons previously mentioned.

AA and EY are mileage redeeming partners, but they do not offer any type of lounge access reciprocity or any benefits for status members, etc.