FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2017 Luxury Hotel Highs and Lows
View Single Post
Old Jan 1, 2018, 10:19 pm
JWo

Programs: MPC DM / UA *A Gold / Hyatt Glob / SPG Gold
Highs:
- Amanusa - My home Aman resort. Must have stayed here over 5 times over the years - both in the villas and at the main resort. Last year I held my wedding there. Excellent service from an excellent team led by Ian and Michel. Will miss this place dearly.
- Amanzoe - F&B was a bit inconsistent, but the setting and room was spectacular. Beach club service was superb. We went at the peak of the high season and service was at high standard (though not perfect). Getting there was pricey, but Hydra and Spetese were amazing.
- Il San Pietro di Positano - Just awesome. Fantastic views, fantastic service and fantastic food. Was hard to leave. I can understand why this place gets booked out a year in advance. Perfect stay. Will be back.
- Oberoi Amarvilas - Great location and F&B (best food we had in India on our short trip). Rooms are in need of a renovation, but the views were to die for. Loved the suite we were allocated. The Taj at sunrise was a dream.

Middle:
- Leela Palace Delhi - Not our preferred decor, F&B was not great. Breakfast was disappointing. Great house car transfers to the airport. Club suite was impressive in size.
- Taj Diplomatic Enclave Delhi - Great breakfast, reasonably priced for what we got. Will stay again for business.
- Palazzo Avino - Jawdropping views from our junior suite. Loved Ravello but the service was lackluster and the car transfer to NAP was terrible (the hotel refunded after we provided feedback).
- Park Hyatt BKK - Liked the large rooms and location. Staff are eager to please but will need a bit more training. Great breakfast and pool. Will stay again for business.

​​​​​​Lows:
- No real lows this year.

Happy new year!