FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Credit card Asia Miles earning opportunities (HK) 2018
Old Jan 1, 2018, 10:06 pm
ermen

Programs: BA(GGL) QF LTS CX AM, Hilton Diamond, PPL(A)
Originally Posted by bmtsang
Thanks percysmith. Judging by the TnC, Online transactions but charging HKD still earn 5.6% (Online 2.4% + Overseas 2% + VS 1.2%). Is that correct?
My reading (if the HKD charge is a local charge) is that you only get
3.6% (i.e. Online 2.4% + VS 1.2%)

Not sure if this is also new, T&C says in Clause 6 technically rules out say buying AAPL Gift Cards (but how they police that I do not know).

"Whether a transaction is an Eligible Transaction shall be determined at the sole and absolute discretion of the Bank. Transactions settled via HSBC Internet Banking, purchase and/or reload of stored value cards or e-wallets, Octopus automatic add-value transactions, transactions made to redeem items under "RewardCash e-shop" and other programmes, any online transactions made with the merchants of the "Red Hot Flash Special" promotions during their respective promotional periods of such promotions (as specified by the Bank under the "Red Hot Flash Special" promotions from time to time to be excluded from this promotion), any other online promotions as may be launched from time to time, other transactions including but not limited to cash advances, annual fees, finance charges, late charges, mail, fax and telephone orders, instalment plans, transactions at non-financial institutions (including purchase of foreign currency, money orders and travellers cheques), transactions at financial institutions (including purchase of merchandise and services from banks), wire transfers, betting and gambling transactions, tax payments, autopay and recurring transactions and unposted/ cancelled/ refunded transactions will not qualify as Eligible Transactions for this promotion and will not count towards the Spending Requirement.