FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - DYKWIA | 2018 edition
View Single Post
Old Jan 1, 2018, 10:50 am
Wayland

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR
Originally Posted by Wayland
In the lounge at Prague this evening flying PRG-LHR on BA857. Take seats with family at the far corner away from the desk.

About 15 mins in, hear a loud "gentleman" at the entrance desk berating the food on offer. Several minutes pass and he's just not shutting up, talking in such a loud voice that every word is audible to the entire lounge. I go over to ask him (politely) to be quiet. He starts berating me...some line about ooh...the future Chairman/CEO there (sorry mate, C-suite already, so a bit of reverse DYKWIA there 😀 ) but he does quieten off a little.

15 mins later, after clearly deciding that despite his earlier protestations, the lounge isn't beneath accepting some freebies from, he's pouring a drink at the same time as my wife. He starts berating the manner in which the lemons for his g+t have been cut to her, and how you can't get the lounge staff who care nowadays 😄 They are too close to halves rather than slices apparently 😀

A few mins later, he's getting another drink and explaining to the attendant how Willie Walsh is an accountant and how travelling club doesn't meet his expectations (fine, but a Menzies lounge attendant at PRG isn't going to help...)

Anyway an amusing way to start the new year 😄
On the plane now and he has pulled out the middle seat CE table so he can sit there and keep adjacent empty 🙄