FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - NEOs and a couple of SH changes
View Single Post
Old Jan 1, 2018, 2:35 am
corporate-wage-slave
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by rapidex
Of course.If you want to see the moving map you must pay,as for tea and coffee.
I wouldn't take that as a given. Certainly on the other IAG wifi provisions already out there it isn't charged, and that included Iberia Express! Usually when wifi is provided there is an entry portal which is largely intended to lead to the payment process. But that portal would typically have some key BA.com style information free of charge such as ba.com/arrdep and hopefully a customisable Moving Map screen. I guess the one many here will be familiar with is GoGo's version on AA and other US airlines, though that one is the least interesting of any that I've encountered, it doesn't give much more than high level geographical features. Other providers use a Moving Map screen even more customisable than the SuperJ / 787 / 380 Moving Maps. You can also use GPS and Google Maps (if you have cached the map) now, in safe mode of course, so long as your mobile telephone has a reasonable antenna and you are near a window - or on a leaky Embraer!