FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - FAQ : Why can't I check in online? OLCI and boarding pass difficulties
Old Jan 1, 2018, 1:48 am
godsavethepoints

Programs: loyalty?! BA Gold, DL Platinum
Originally Posted by fomc
Booked a 241 in Business last year London to Buenos Aires and return Sao Paolo to London. Flight to Buenos Aires was all good but I’m now having problems checking in for the return flight. Weird thing I managed to already select the seats pre check in phase. Now at check in I get the following 2 messages:

1. Pop up saying: check in status unknown. We could not get your E-ticket number so we are unable to determine your check in / boarding pass status. Please tap to continue to check in or see alternative ways of getting a boarding pass.

2. After I tap continue I get following message: not check in. Sorry we cannot check you in for this flight. Please go to the airport check in desk

I even downloaded this app called check my trip and it says booking is confirmed with the seats I selected but when I click on it there is no e-ticket number (unlike the LHR to Buenos Aires which does have the ticket number).

can someone explain to me what’s going on. My flight is later today (yes 1st of Jan)...I tried calling BA customer service in Japan, HK, India, Australia and it says office is closed (despite being past 9am local time)...prob because 1st is a national holiday. Is there a 24h number I can reach them on? Need to know what’s happening with my flight. Thx guys
As Tobias stated, very common issue with any re issues, upgrades, booking return leg at a later time. This is an issue which should be quickly resolved at the airport, but I highly suggest checking in very early at the airport, or better yet reaching out on Twitter/Skype to alert them to the issue and have the ticketing team on the case. As it's all BA issued and BA metal it should all work out. Best of luck.