FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - FAQ : Why can't I check in online? OLCI and boarding pass difficulties
Old Dec 31, 2017, 4:55 am
corporate-wage-slave
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Gerbs
I seem to consistently get a message during OLCI to the effect of "your passport must be checked at the airport" even after indicating that I wish to collect BPs at the airport and even though all API is correctly entered and acknowledged on BA.com to be complete. In addition, any seat changes made during the check-in process do not appear in MMB, although when collecting BPs at the airport, the new assignments are in place. A final wrinkle is that while BA.com shows "Check-in in progress", I get the confirmation e-mail indicating that I am in fact checked in!
I am not sure there is anything wrong here. If you are upgraded then unless you use the App then you only get visibility of that at the airport. If you move within a cabin but don't print your boarding pass then MMB initially says the previous seat, but as soon as you do print your boarding pass your boarding pass and MMB would correctly show the right seat. Since FLY there is (correctly) a message that your passport needs to be scanned if departing or arriving to/from the USA (it won't necessarly appear on other flights), it doesn't impinge the check-in process. And "in progress" means you haven't printed your boarding pass, which ties in with airport collection.