FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Cathay Pacific (CX) Award Redemption, Booking and Availability – 2017 and Later
Old Dec 30, 2017, 5:57 pm
CDKing
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by eethan
Agent tried to but could not price and finalize my mom's ticket. There is a CX confirmation code and CX shows the ticket as confirmed. Problem is that the ticket is in Alaska's "queue" and can take AS "up to 3 weeks" to finalize. In the meantime, I cannot add the final segment to this ticket.

Apparently, a certain Alaska partner department works from this queue and manually finalizes tickets when the normal process fails. I'll try to specially reach these guys next week when they're back in the office. Any advice and/or experiences?
I wonder what happened, Is yours far in advance? I just got off the pone booked CX award BOS-HHK-DXB with 2 day stopover in May, I had no issue.

Oh and for those keeping track. I was booking one ticket. I looked it up segment by segment on BA website before calling it in. I called the partner desk listed on my MVPG card and mentioned up front that I was booking CX so she knew what system to start with. I gave data and time as well since it was a 145am flight and agent had no problem finding and booking