FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - A380 vs A330 Premium Economy
View Single Post
Old Dec 30, 2017, 12:05 pm
SkaterJasp

Programs: Delta SkyMiles Gold, Hilton HHonors Diamond, and Royal Caribbean Pinnacle Club
Originally Posted by Asquared1
Looking for a little advice prior to booking for flight next fall. Flying PDX-CDG. I'm planning on booking Premium Economy. I can fly PDX-SEA-CDG on an A330 to CDG or PDX-LAX-CDG on A380 to CDG. Cost is the same. SEA is a quicker domestic leg and a bit shorter overall, but I'm wary of SEA with all the weather/ATC delay issues they seem to have had there. LAX is always a zoo, but I hear that TBI is nice. Is there any difference in Seat/Experience quality between these two?
LAX would get you way more miles... more MQD if your earning Sky Miles... ALSO if your someone that like window seats, I'd go with the A380 because of the side storage bin between the seat and window. In addition, theres more opportunity for a same day paid upgrade on an A380 because of the larger business class cabin. Also if 81AB or 81KL is available, I'd take those seat. Ton and ton of legroom.

The seat itself is basically the same with the same legroom... unless your in the seats I mentioned.

LAX can be a zoo BUT if you're connecting from Delta they have shuttle buses connecting Delta's 2 terminal with TBI. If you're connecting form Alaska / Virgin America, you can walk from Terminal 6 to TBI. Either way you won't have to go through security again unless you have to check in at LAX for your AF flight for some random reason. The SkyTeam / Korean Air lounge is nice at TBI but can be a bit crowded. Also the food option at TBI is amazing. T3 (Delta) has a shake shack. So yeah, I'd go with LAX.

Last edited by SkaterJasp; Dec 30, 2017 at 12:16 pm