FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Does it still make sense to get SPG cards for flight rewards? (merger question)
Old Dec 30, 2017, 11:45 am
YellowBulldozer99

I already have the Fido mastercard. It's great for travel. Didn't realize the starwood amex lacked travel medical insurance, but I do have that through my health plan already.

yeunganson, are the SPG cards worse in Canada? My impression is that they get a point per dollar just like the US cards, which is actually favourable for Canada since our dollar is worth less. Based on what I've read in this thread, it sounds like it's worth getting the SPG amex for my main business card at least. I can deduct the fee, and will be able to get a fair number of points during 2018 at least.

As I mentioned, getting a card with a single airline isn't a great option, since the direct flights from my city may be with different airlines; Air Canada doesn't have directs to all destinations, but foreign airlines have more. So, transfererable miles are prefereable. It sounds like SPG is still the best.