FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Ideas for FIRST Award to New Orleans MSY from LHR via ?
Old Dec 29, 2017, 3:15 pm
pmcg

Programs: Amex Centurion - BA Silver - IHG Diamond Elite - HHonors Diamond - M&M
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Well don't knock the benefit of the direct service: it gets into MSY at a perfect time to enjoy this wonderful city at its best - in the evening. You leave at 14:00 hrs and get there at 18:00 hrs.
Good point thanks.
Thing is I'm at that age now where when I get in all I want is a bite to eat and a good sleep.

It's a 787 so you won't be zonked on arrival.
Does that mean the 787 in Club is more comfortable than other aircraft or is there some other reason?

If you are in CW you'll go straight to a friendly CBP agent on arrival who will be genuinely pleased that you have chosen to arrive via MSY. You should be in your hotel room at 18:30, or perhaps a little later if you have checked luggage.
I see what you mean, nothing worse than arriving into the USA sometimes and then that wait at border control.

Now clearly you have other factors at play, but in terms of an enjoyable flight to Louisiana I'm not persuaded it's worth the MIA experience just to use CCR.
That's the thing, we usually end up getting an early flight down, breakfast in the lounge, meet up with a colleague or one of my sons then over to the lounge for lunch after shopping and make a day of it to catch up.

As for ATL, the availability is there for a reason! Admittedly my severe reservations about ATL are probably borderline irrational.
I actually quite like ATL, been in and out of there a few times as well as IAH, DFW etc. and wouldn't rate it any worse than the others.