FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Air Canada gifting MLL pass thread (2017 onwards)
Old Dec 29, 2017, 12:26 pm
songsc

Programs: TK *G
Originally Posted by jc94
I'd say a screenshot of the BP with the code clearly marked as not Y/B/J!

If I gift mine on public FT, it would be to someone whose name I recognize at a minimum. To hear this is someone well known is truly depressing.

Are the codes on the passes linked at all? Can AC track down a specific serial code to a specific person?
Well, I doubt someone who is looking for a profit of $20 is willing to invest at least $1000 in a refundable ticket, if so then their ROA (return on asset) must be extremely and dangerously low

I think the screen shot should include date, flight number, and cabin (Y/O/J, clearly J does not need pass to access MLL), or booking class if most people think this is necessary. To be extremely safe, we can even ask the recipient to post a picture of the boarding pass with MLL entry stamp.

As for the serial code, I tried to read the 2D bar code with my eyes, and I didn't notice any difference with a quick glance. Maybe someone with a bar code scanner app can give a definitive answer?