FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Secret Santa 2017 Official Thread
View Single Post
Old Dec 29, 2017, 11:17 am
sperkins921

Programs: AA Gold, OW Ruby, IHG PLT, JB Mosiac, Delta Silver, VA Silver, AK MVP, Hyatt Gold, Marriott Silver
Now that I have the house back to myself....

Whew!! It has been a whirlwind week! How so many of you host family for extended periods during the holidays I'll never know. LOL. I love them, miss them already, but thank the heavens they're gone and I can go back to my typical routines.

First, I want to thank all my Santas. At least two of you I will hopefully be requesting next year because I need to repay the favor and thoughtfulness. This year was hard for me, I lost my mother (about 8 days from now it'll be a year), we had turnover at work, home issues, etc. I typically join in on this because I don't usually get to be with my family for the holidays- this year was the first in nearly 8 years- and the sending of joy helps a little. So thank you to all of you who were my Santas. Even though I'm late- know that you put a smile on a very stressed out face on Christmas afternoon. To my Santees, I hope you all enjoyed what you received. Some of you were a bit more challenging to shop for than others because I had to educate myself about your interests first, but I truly hope everyone enjoyed what they got. I tried hard to send things I thought would be useful and that you'd enjoy.

Now, without further ado, the presents I received.

I received two Amazon Fire TV's and was humbled to open them. I put them on my list as a whim, not thinking anyone would get me one- and lo and behold I got two. I'm only showing one below b/c well, what's the point of reposting the same picture?

Next, I received a lovely box from a Santa who must've guessed based on the things on my gift list (new cycling/spin shoes, cycling gloves, a Schoshe HR monitor, etc) that I was someone who likes to break a sweat now and again. This was very perceptive. I didn't do the list that way on purpose, those were things I truly needed or wanted. I tried to make the list easy and affordable for those who were buying for me because the holidays are stressful for everyone. I don't ever want to be a burden for someone doing something nice for me. So imagine my surprise when I look inside to find a nice ornament, FR chocolates, a Ghirardelli bar (love this flavor- good job Santa), a makeup blender (I don't wear it, wonder what else I can use it for?), a wet bag for the gym (will come in handy when I travel- that last morning with wet bathing suits was always a challenge ), and microfiber sweat towels. I was in awe. I actually used one of the towels this morning on my Peloton (that was my gift to myself this year- hence the aforementioned requests on my wish list) and it was SO SOFT. I use them on my car, but have never had one for me. Oh! I nearly forgot! This box had a lovely Hallmark card inside!!

Next, I got two boxes from someone who revealed themselves in the card they sent but I'll keep them anonymous. Thank you so much for the gifts Santa! One box was a cold brew coffee pitcher (I think from my wish list?) that arrived first. I think the next day I got the coffee beans. I believe these were the first gifts to arrive. I was again humbled because I'm guessing that my Santa actually looked to see what was local-ish to me as far as coffee roasters. There are some closer, but I'm glad they didn't do those because I've had them. This was a treat because the company (Beanstock) was unknown to me. I even went back to the website several times before Christmas trying to guess what beans my Santa might've sent. I can't wait to get brewing. I have an open bag I'm working through and as soon as I'm done these are going into rotation. Santa, you picked my coffee tastes perfectly! Thank you! (FT cut the top of the pic off- the top two are Black fish creek a robust blend on the left and a bold blend called Cape Beach Blend on the right)

My 5th gift was from another very very thoughtful Santa, who literally gave me chills reading the gift notes they sent. Thank you so much Santa. Inside was a book I'd requested from a series someone else told me about. I don't know how Santa knew, but they picked my fave villain of the four (it's a tie with the evil queen but miss Maleficent edges her out a skooch). That alone just touched me. Then, there was a Japanese phrasebook. Japan and Hawaii are my favorite places on earth. And while I haven't been as many places as most of you- I've seen my fare share of places. I would be in Japan right now if I could. But, I don't have any immediate travel planned anywhere for next year. I just mentioned in my 'about me' that I was hoping to get back to Tokyo in 2019. So thanks again Santa- I appreciate it. I also got a box of Godiva (yummy yummy for the tummy!) signature truffles from this Santa. And lastly, a pair of cycling gloves. I think they were on my WL, but I can't remember. What gave me chills is the note on one of the gifts. I'll post a close up below. I have NO idea what's coming, but I'll be sure to post when it arrives.