FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citi AA Plat/Gold/Bus cards. August 2016: 1 personal & 1 business bonus/24 months.
Old Dec 28, 2017, 11:05 pm
ohyonghao

Originally Posted by gnomey
i also received a 'fraud' call from citi out of the blue earlier this week, in the morning. was totally clueless which card they were talking abt and just say what they want to hear. not until after i was fully awake and went to checked, and realized it was some card from 4 months ago that i has stopped using since.

ya, i never understand why calling a cell number is supposed to help in verification. i mean, someone who is nefarious could have multiple burner cell phones laying around right? it always drive me nuts when i m out and about and then have to deal with this 'verification' bc they always want to call or text another number that is NOT the number i m using to talk with them at that time (and i dont carry 2 phones with me all the time).
I've failed that test multiple times and it has been a bit frustrating with them over this "feature".

At the beginning of the year I had switched phones, but did not port numbers. New phones for both my wife and I. Ever since we have had trouble with their phone verification. What happens is they have access to a database that says that this number is connected to you. My Ting phone, and Callcentric phones apparently are not connected to me through their database. They cannot use those to verify me. I don't have any other phones, and a couple times it has been a sticking point for trying to get verified to talk to a representative.

Other methods they might try is calling another CC and verifying you that way. This doesn't always come up as an option, and doesn't always work either as I had gotten my account so stuck nothing worked until they mailed me a code and had me call back in with the PIN.

Hopefully some of that clears up the seemingly insecure ask for a phone number and call you back verification feature.