FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Machu Picchu Tour
View Single Post
Old Dec 28, 2017, 6:16 pm
Mike Jacoubowsky

Programs: 1K 2010, 1P in 2011, Plat for 2012,13,14,15 & 2016. Gold in 17 & 18, Plat since
Originally Posted by intisuntrek
Hi Frogprof
i am not referring to a specific tour company called Machu Picchu Tour. i just want to share people experience about their tour to machu picchu. the Sanctuary Lodge is little bit expensive but when you stay their you will never forget the incredible view of mountains.
If you can afford the Santuary, I'd go full-boat and do the Hiram Bingham train as well. But if you're spending your life's savings on this trip, there are likely better ways to spend those dollars, perhaps by having a few more days in the area... there's a lot to see beyond just Machu Picchu.

One thing first-timers might not realize is how expensive the food and water is up on top (in and adjacent to the park), not to mention that there aren't any places (that I know of anyway) to get water once you get into the park a ways. I don't recall the bathroom situation too well, except that there really weren't any once inside. As a guy, not a huge deal. Point is, bring your own food and water with you. Especially if you do the optional (and must be ticketed separately and ahead of time) Huayna Picchu hike. You will likely go through a lot of water in the two hours it might take to go up and down, and again, there is none available along the way.

Don't let this deter you. It's an amazing place! Well worth the visit.