FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hampton Inn by Hilton Ottawa Airport {CAN}
Old Dec 28, 2017, 4:23 pm
escape4

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
I have been to the Hampton Inn YOW a couple of times. It is hard to find reasons to go there compared to the Hilton Garden Inn YOW:
- HGI is very close to the airport and you can even walk if the weather is good and if you do not have much luggage. HI is a bit more of a ride and too far to walk.
- HGI has a much better breakfast and restaurant
- Rooms at HI are very small. HGI more spacious
- You earn more points at HGI
- Cash rates and point redemptions are usually similar between the two. Maybe a bit higher at HGI on average, but at least 40% of the time you can find cheaper at HGI than HI so it's not rare.
- There are no suites at HI, unlike HGI.

One of the few advantages of HI is that there are a couple of restaurants walking distance. At HGI you only have the restaurant of the hotel. By the way, that restaurant at HGI is quite nice. I rarely eat in a hotel restaurant but this is one of the few that I enjoy.

On a related note, a Homewood Suites will open in early 2018 very close to the Hampton Inn YOW, and a Courtyard will open very close to the HGI. So two more airport hotels very soon.