FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2017: Your travel year in review
View Single Post
Old Dec 28, 2017, 3:16 pm
Duke787
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Total Airports: 32
Total Distance: ~100k
Countries visited: USA, Mexico, England, France, Switzerland, Italy, Greece, Belgium, Singapore, Australia, Japan

New countries: Belgium, Switzerland (had connected through but first time outside airport)
New airports: JTR, FCO, MXP, BRU, ZRH, PVR, SMF
New airlines: QF, AF, AZ

Shortest flight: IAD - RDU (224mi), UA E+; Non-flight: Eurostar Paris Gare du Nord to St. Pancras (~212mi)
Longest flight: ORD - NRT (6275mi), JL W

Best flight experience: LH F (FRA - IAD 748). Second time on LH F but first time on the 748 and going through FRA/FCT. Great flight crew with a light load made this a fun and memorable LH F experience.
Worst flight experience: Vueling canceling our JTR - FCO ticket at the airport right before boarding with no service recovery. Left us looking at potential misconnect on our separately booked FCO - RDU DL award ticket the next morning. Had to scramble and buy JTR - ATH and ATH - FCO flights from the airport plus a hotel room for about 3 hours of sleep at ATH. Thankfully made our FCO award ticket but we are still fighting Vueling for EC261 compensation more than 6 months after flight was canceled.

Best Lounge: FCT (LH), CX J lounge at HND (only person there before AA flight right before they closed and the lounge leader came over to personally welcome me and thank me and then proceeded to insist on getting me a drink and coming up with a glass of Yamazaki when I asked if they had any Japanese whisky)

Favorite destination: Santorini - exceeded the hype and right up there with New Zealand as most beautiful landscape I've ever seen in person

Last edited by Duke787; Dec 28, 2017 at 3:24 pm