FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Does companion lower your spot on the upgrade list?
Old Dec 28, 2017, 2:32 pm
curl

Programs: DL Plat, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Does companion lower your spot on the upgrade list?

I don't feel like I've seen this articulated... but my recent experience suggests otherwise.

Flew with the family over the holiday and we always book multiple PNRs since the DL system won't upgrade any of us otherwise. Mr. Curl (Silver) on one res, me (GM) and BabyCurl (member) on the other. Same fare class on all, booked at basically the same time, give or take 5 minutes. Mr. Curl hits his Amex $25K spend right before our trip (needed not for waiver as he was already over spend, but the 10K MQM bonus) so now he is GM too. at T-72, both ways, Mr. Curl gets F, and Baby Curl and I get C+. Eventually an hour or two before the flight, we get bumped too. So, I'm curious, why did he get FC at T-72 and we got battlefield UG at the gate? (both ways, there showed several FC seats available a few days out) We are both GM, both DL Amex plat, same fare class, same last name. (though mine comes before his in alphabet) Does having a companion downgrade you on the list to the bottom of your medallion level?