FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Are there brand standards?
View Single Post
Old Dec 28, 2017, 1:00 pm
sdsearch
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Cyberian
Ever been to Waikiki? Bugs don't care about star ratings. You might be be surprised how much I paid for for a 4-star high$ room there and found a snail the size of my fist eating the plaster. I wish I were kidding.

It's a Travelodge. If the franchisee(s) had a property worth the name, it'd be a Baymont, maybe even a Tryp. It isn't, and they know it. Wyndham knows it. Branding and rates reflect that.

When I book a Knights Inn, I know what I'm getting into. It might be cheap, but I know it isn't good by any stretch. HoJo's to Travelodge is kind of lateral (I'm looking at you Parsippany NJ- What was the point!?). Super-8 is marginally better, but below Days-Inn which is below Ramada (I've been in some really dumpy Ramadas- (Parsippany NJ again- (what's up with that?) (corporate headquarters even!)) which is below Baymont (let me tell you about Baymont Nashville TN sometime) and work your way up from there.
I presume your experiences are exclusively in the US?

In much of South America (for example, Argentina), just about all Wyndham has is HoJo's. Are they the same as the US ones, or different in quality? (The reviews seems to indicate they might be different.)

I know there are some other brands (in other programs) that are international but the brand standards are quite different in different countries or regions of the world. For example, Holiday Inn Express (IHG program) without a free breakfast buffet in some parts of the world.