FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - LHR wheelchair assistance shambles (again)
Old Dec 28, 2017, 9:50 am
irmster

Programs: BA Gold....er now Silver...er now Bronze....er now Blue
Originally Posted by Can I help you
The process is that the wheelchair assistance request is sent by the departing station to LHR who contact Omniserve, the crew onboard will tell the person who meets the flight how many customers require assistance to confirm the numbers match.
If the aircraft is on stand the crew will stay with the customer until they have been handed over.
If the aircraft is off stand then again we confirm with the person meeting the flight the numbers, the coaches take any wheelchair customers to the terminal where in T5 the arrival area is manned by the Omnieserve staff, I am not aware of the arrangement in T3.
I was in 1D and my mother in 1C - when the guy came up the steps, the only conversation that happened was that the person meeting the flight said there were not enough coaches to have a club only one and to only let 45 people down for the first one, With that he went back down the stairs again. There was no conversation about anything else - I am 100% sure of this as I was right there. It was not just my mother who had booked assistance as others were waiting when we tried to call from the non answering phone in the terminal building.