FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Platinum arrival gift [Merged threads]
View Single Post
Old Dec 27, 2017, 12:38 pm
RogerD408
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by dmodemd
I am not sure if this should qualify for the guarantee but I had a property say they would give me the 500 points during my stay but then after a month my stay never posted, hence I did not get the points. After calling the Platinum desk, who called the property to have them send them the invoice, they posted the stay with the points. Given I had to go through extra hoops after my stay to get my points and nights (this was an award stay), should I qualify for the guarantee or some compensation?? If I didn't call, I would have gotten nothing. If I have to argue directly with the hotel, I expect a hard rebuttal in line with how they were when I was there.
The PAG guarantee calls for you to make the request BEFORE you check-out. If they fail offer the points or they don't post and you have left the property there is no payout. MR wrote the rules, the rules are in their favor, and it's up to us to know how/when things have to be done. I've had several properties not offer the PAG and then when I tried to collect claimed they always give points or I ask for points when I didn't. At that point it's a he said/he said issue and not always worth the hassle. If I am at a property I like, I will prompt them to ask and let them know failure could cost them $100!