FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AllBirds Wool Shoes
View Single Post
Old Dec 27, 2017, 11:23 am
vooadeer

Originally Posted by patersob
I am now on my second pair of Allbirds runners. In the first pair my toes started to ware through the end of the shoe within six months. I contacted the company and they gave me a discount on a second pair. I bought the next size up since they run slightly small. I thought this would give me more toe room. I can see the problem will likely occur again. Allbirds needs to seriously reinforce the toe structure. This was in my original complaint. The shoes have no support and feel like slipper socks made of wool. They are very comfortable and easy to clean. But if you need support, forget these shoes. Washer friendly and they do not smell like cotton lined shoes. Great concept but the toe needs to be reinforced. The toe tapper is too severe. It looks cool but who has flat toes. I will likely look for a similar shoe with more toe space.
2nding the toe issue. they're a comfy shoe, but the toe area is wearing through after only a couple months. If you were pitching these as just slippers thats one thing, but as sneakers you have to do something about this .... durability. Saying that its "all natural" or "sleek" only gets you part of the way, IMO!